Knee Feeling OK, so I’m RACING This Weekend!

>> Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Yesterday, I ran for the first time in 5 days since I noted some knee pain last week. My knee ached, but there was no sharp pain, so I think I’m OK. I’ve started seeing Robert for acupuncture every 2 weeks on Tuesdays, but he got me in yesterday (on my “week off”) so he could do his part to loosen up my knee:


Thanks Robert!

This morning, after running and getting poked yesterday, it’s feeling good. So I’m glad that yesterday I signed up at the last minute for this weekend’s YWCA Indoor Triathlon. I had talked with Nicole last week at the Y, and she noted that they would be finalizing the race/heats early this week, so I QUICKLY signed up after getting home from my run yesterday. (And then I actually got an email with finalized heats just 6 hours later - JUST made it!) Here’s what I noted my race splits could be when I registered:



I’ve done 2 indoor tris at the YWCA, and I did this shortest distance once nearly 3 years ago. Compared to that race, my predicted splits above are 18 seconds faster in the pool, 3 seconds faster on the bike, and 12 seconds slower on the track. Last time, I finished in 25:42. Let’s see if I can break that by a few seconds on Sunday.

p.s. Check my race report from this same race 3 years ago to see cute pics of Henry, along with pics of my wife racing in a heat after me when she was 7 months pregnant with Charlie!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.