Not (Currently) Running

>> Monday, January 30, 2017

Here's what the last 2 weeks have looked like:



THE BIG THING TO NOTE IS THE RED: WEDNESDAY THE 18TH (nearly 2 weeks ago) WAS MY LAST RUN. That was an easy run 3 days after the YWCA Indoor Tri, and ran on a treadmill just so I wasn't slipping around outside. But my knee was quite achy. I decided to not run for a while. It's been aching a lot ever since.

The last 2 Thursday's have had big spinning classes, and those have gone over well. I think those have aggravated my knee a LITTLE, so I'm not sure if I should do those or not. (All the purple in the week of the 16th is bike time, and T and Th the week of the 23rd was bike time too.)

This past Wednesday and Sunday (yesterday) each had a 50 minute workout, and those were Aqua Jogging. Yes. I'm Aqua Jogging again. (I'm only capitalizing it so it seems less wussy.) That's always a good sign. On Wednesday, I did a warm up and then 30 mins of 1 min hard / 1 min easy. And yesterday, I did a warm up and then a ladder of hard efforts with 1 min of easy in between them all: 1 min hard, 2 hard, 3, 4, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1.

THE GOOD NEWS?

My swimming is coming along pretty well. I still can't do TOO much because it still makes my swimmer's shoulder a bit angry, but I'm happy doing this amount. Here were the 4 swims listed above:

- 1/17: 3x500 averaging 7:32.9 (1:30.6/100 pace)
- 1/20: 10x100 (with SHORT rests) averaging 1:26.0
- 1/23: ladder (100, 2, 3, 4, 3, 2, 1) with short rests keeping everything at or under 1:30 pace
- 1/27: 5x200 averaging 2:59.2/200

I'm going to see my A.R.T. Chiropractor (Dr. Folske) later today for the first time in about a year. I'll see what he has to say about my knee and what he thinks I should be doing for it.

p.s. In the meantime, if you're so inclined, stop by my Photo Blog. I recently posted some interesting photo-related links, and now that the semester is starting for me this week, I'll probably be posting a bit more there. (When I'm always talking about photo stuff in a college environment, I'm always a bit more inspired to make more photos and post more on my photo blog.) So bookmark it if you're interested!

1 comments:

Carolina John 11:55 AM, January 31, 2017  

yuuuuuuuuppppp! I'm on my 2nd week of no running as well. Only got 15 miles in January. awful. So done with this tendonitis.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.