Racing This Weekend!

>> Thursday, June 20, 2013

I'm excited about something this weekend...

.... it looks like Pharmie and I are both doing the Rochesterfest Triathlon!!



Well, technically we're not actually signed up yet. We didn't find a sitter for Henry until after online registration had closed, so we're HOPING that there are some race-day registration spots available. Pharmie always had her eye on the Olympic Distance at that race, and just a few days ago, she asked "would you be interested in racing too?" So I'd like to tackle the Sprint Distance (0.25 mile swim, 10 mile bike, 3.1 mile run).

I can't waste my current training! Last week was only the 3rd time SINCE HENRY WAS BORN 2 YEARS AGO (105 weeks) that I had 2+ swims, 2+ bikes, and 2+ runs in the same calendar week!

(Swim: on Tuesday I did a 30 minute "postal swim" where I covered 1825 yards [1:38.6 ave], and on Sunday I did a make-shift ladder workout of 50, 100, 150, 200, 200, 150, 100, 50 at HARD efforts. Bike: did a 32.5 mile long ride on Wednesday, did 10.6 miles of easy riding as a CD after a crossfit workout on Friday, and rode 13 miles WITH HENRY in the trailer on Saturday! Run: had the "poopy" tempo run on Thursday, and a decent 11.5 mile long run on Saturday.)

So if all goes as planned, look for us in Rochester this weekend! Off to the races!

3 comments:

Robyn 9:51 AM, June 20, 2013  

Woo hoo! Have fun!

GoBigGreen 12:15 PM, June 20, 2013  

you know where you can swim WED mornings in the summer......:)

Dr. Q 10:36 PM, June 20, 2013  

I'll see you there - not really racing - doing the oly as part of IM training probably mostly in HR zone 2 for majority of race. Just getting my tri-legs under me prior to my half. It will be good to see you both! Let me know if you want to car pool Sun AM (crew cab truck has enough room for people and bikes).

Oh yes, and plan on joining me on my OWS/long bike if you are going to Lucius cabin this year!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.