Triathlon Today! But Not For Me...

>> Sunday, May 20, 2012

No race for me... but hopefully a great one for my lovely wife! She's going to be doing the "Land Between The Lakes" Triathlon in Albert Lea today, and I'll be cheering her on!

I'm being smart today. Yeah, it's a change, I know. I've raced a lot lately, and my body needs some time to heal. Here's what the last week of April, all of May, and a bit into June looks like for me:



So if I would have done the race today, that'd be FIVE STRAIGHT weekends of racing, 1 weekend off, and then my first Olympic Distance Triathlon of 2012 the next weekend. And being I get injured easily, that just sounds stupid.

I REALLY wanted to do the tri today as a "feeler" for my Oly in 3 weeks (*gulp*.... THREE WEEKS!), but I'll be smart. Instead, I packed my wetsuit so that I can go for a little open water swim pre-race, and then cheer the athletes on during the race. THAT sounds smart!

Keep an eye on my twitter account (and my TwitPics and Instagram accounts too) because I'll be posting photos along with updates on how Pharmie is doing. Check back tomorrow for a full report!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.