>> Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Regarding my last post: I got some comments, some e-mails, and some tweets from many of you basically saying "Don't be dumb. Take it easy. Everyone needs some time off to NOT burn-out or get hurt." THANK YOU, READERS!
I'm listening. I'm going to wind down for a while, only doing what I feel like. Do I feel like running stairs today? OK. Nothing for 4 days? Fine. Lay in front of the TV for an hour and do 6 crunches only when a stupid jewelry commercial comes on? Great - I'll log that as a "killer core workout."
Last year, about this time, I did my "14 Days of Nothing" where I took some time completely off to heal up my calf/heel and my back. But now, I'm injury free, so I'll just ease back and take it easy. No burn-out. Just fun. Want to meet me somewhere in the Cities for an interesting workout? I'm game. Drop me a line.
In the meantime, this pie chart sums up my current training mantra:
• Chisago Lakes Tri named MN long distance championship race for 2011.
• WTC announced the new IronKids Midwest series.
• Local long course triathlon added as an ITU World qualifier.
Remember the 7-10 inches of snow we got near 2 weeks ago? That provided for some great racing which included some national coverage! Check these out:
• Photos from the first running of the (snowy) Diva Dash.
• Because of the epic snowy conditions, the MN State Cyclocross Championship received national attention on CNN and The Weather Channel.
• Some great photos from that snowy State cyclocross race.
• (Speaking of snow...) Dome running officially started last night (run inside at the Metrodome for $1).
And finally, there were some locals racing in Ironman Arizona this past Sunday. Devon Palmer (who recently turned pro) was taking on AZ as his first IM, and
Photos from Kerry Yndestad of YndeCam
Thanks everyone! Happy Thanksgiving! Say hello to your mother for me!