Friday Funny 127: Farm Animals Shown at Purdue

>> Friday, November 05, 2010

Out of the blue, I got an e-mail from someone at the Purdue University Extension Service. (Being I grew up on a farm, I knew of "extension services" - they hold little educational workshops for farmers on farm-related topics. And it usually means a free lunch, so my Dad went to them when he could.) Anyway, here's the note I got:

Steve

I would like to ask your permission to use your photograph of the cow, pig and chicken coming out of the porta potty. I am doing a presentation on fertilizer application and this picture would put a funny twist to the presentation.

I appreciate your consideration!!

[signature]
Purdue Cooperative Extension Service

Here's what I wrote back:

Ha! Yes, that's totally fine!

It's even funnier because the 3 of us doing that all grew up on hog farms, and we spent our youth spreading manure (fertilizer).

Steve Stenzel

She sent me a screenshot of the presentation in the works. Here's the slide where Mike, me, and Matt make an appearance at the start of the 2008 Twin Cities Marathon:



7 comments:

SteveQ 10:24 AM, November 05, 2010  

Small world moment: I once worked for the Purdue Ag Extension Service. Best parts: free Orville Redenbacher popcorn and the annual entomologist's feed (yeah, I ate crickets).

Kevin 10:27 AM, November 05, 2010  

Potty humor is always great. :-)

Kevin
http://halftriing.blogspot.com/

John 5:12 PM, November 05, 2010  

Does this mean the photographer is now a published photographer?

Next year - get one walking out of the porta's with paper trailing off one hoof.

Shoes to Success!! 5:36 PM, November 07, 2010  

Congrats and Great Post!

Dad and co. went to Purdude. They started something very memorable there... and so all things Purdue are appreciated.

Small world...

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.