A Wild March in Review

>> Thursday, April 04, 2024

March was all over the place. It saw the death of our 2-year-old cat (Clark), getting a new 11-week-old kitten (Enid), a first half of the month that was nice and full of rides, and a last half that was colder with some snow. In the end, my training log looked like this:



• SWIM: 12,100 yards. Four of the previous 5 months have had more swimming, but I started swimming more a few months back. It's a bigger month than any month between January 2020 and October 2023.

• BIKE: 169.32 miles. That's my biggest March ever (as I first noted 2 weeks ago). Lots of commuting, and my first 3 actual "training" rides for the year.

• TRAINER: 9 hours 36 mins. Two of the previous 3 months have had a bit more time, but those were the heart of winter. OK with this number.

• RUN: 100.07 miles. I SWEAR I wasn't trying to break 100 miles when I went out for a longer interval workout on Friday. As with all of these numbers, I just logged workouts and the numbers fell wherever they did.

• STRENGTH: 52 hours 46 mins. A monthly PR! Nov, Dec, Jan, and now March are my 4 biggest months of strength work (so 4 out of the last 5 months). Feb took a hit as I eased up around the indoor triathlon early in the month.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.