Four "Random" Weeks of Training (That All End Up Looking OK...)

>> Wednesday, April 17, 2024

I posted 4 weeks ago that I just had a PR for "intensity minutes" for a week (mainly because of a lot of random biking). I noted at the end of that "intensity minutes" PR post that "these next 3 weeks are going to be really 'odd' because of different reasons, so I'll have to see how they end up stacking up with regards to intensity minutes."

Well they all looked decent! Which is great considering they were "odd" weeks!

Here they are as a graph, and the 3 "odd" weeks are the first 3 shown here, with this past week as being the 4th week on this graph:



The FIRST week was odd because my oldest son had a school trip early Monday morning through Friday evening, and my wife went along as a chaperone. So it was just me and Charlie. Training-wise, it ended up looking pretty normal.

The SECOND week ended with Easter, so the boys were home at the end of that week, and we were gone all day Saturday at 2 different family get-togethers. I skipped my Saturday ride (which I've learned tends to be a real predictor for how big my week will be). So that's why that week ends kind of weakly.

The THIRD week was when my my boys and wife were gone for Spring Break from Monday afternoon through Saturday night! I was hoping to train a LOT that week (and I got SO MANY other projects done), but then I had to cut my the training on Thursday and Friday because I decided to do a race at the last minute - you can see just that tiny bump for Friday's training because I was taking it easy the day before the race.

And then the FOURTH week was last week, and that started a bit easier to rest my legs a little after Saturday's race. But then you can see I had a nice ride later in the week which boosted my numbers.

So my first and last week above had 1500+ intensity minutes, the week my family was gone (the 3rd week, which was the week of the race) was exactly 1600 intensity minutes, and the 2nd week was the lowest coming in just under 1500 minutes. Not a bad stretch, ESPECIALLY considering it was a really weird stretch.

Also, I'm still keeping my step-count high. I crossed over 1 year of 10,000+ steps every day (380 days straight through yesterday), and I've had weeks of 125,000+ steps since the beginning of 2024:



It's also funny to look at my "floors" climbed as the week my family was gone and I was therefore getting shit done really stands out as me climbing more flights of stairs:



Got to see if I can make this week a solid one! It's shaping up decently so far, but being my training weeks are Monday through Sunday, it's still early.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.