Four "Firsts" for 2024

>> Thursday, April 18, 2024

Four yearly "firsts" happened on Monday! And all within about 2-3 hours.

First of all, I ran in short sleeves because it was still in the mid-50s when I headed out the door on my early run.

Second, I found the drinking fountain turned on at Franklin and River Parkway! Truly the sign of the end of winter! I had a nice sip before starting my "pace miles" and again after I had just wrapped them up. (Otherwise, I drink and eat nothing during my 11+ mile runs on Monday mornings.)

Third, I found my first golf ball of 2024 on the sidewalk next to Town and County Club with about a mile left in my run:



And fourth, I had my first "bare-legged" ride to work on Monday. Sure, I've been out on plenty of bare-legged training rides, but those tend to be later in the day. When I take off for my morning class, it's usually quite chilly out yet - I'd be OK coming home many days with bare legs, but not getting to class that way:


First bare legs of 2024 in my office. Do calf sleeves (left on from
my long run) still count as "bare legs?" Maybe just "bare knees?"

I usually have my calf sleeves on under my biking pants, so it's still just a big deal that I was able to lose a layer. I'm happy about this warm weather!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.