Thirsty (for knowledge) Thursday: Running and Weight Training

>> Thursday, February 16, 2023

Runner's World recently posted on Instagram about running and weight lifting. Should you run on days you lift? How much time should you leave between workouts? Which one should you do first? And do all of these answers depend on what sort of running workout you have planned?

Here's their 5 images from their Instagram post:




I always run first, but I rarely leave 9 hours between workouts.
But I never run on back-to-back days, so this doesn't relate to me.




My "leg days" are the same day I run. Being I take a day off between runs,
I'm getting nearly a full 48 hours between "leg day" and a speed workout. Nice.



For more "Thirsty Thursday" posts that highlight workouts, body science, and all kinds of interesting information, CLICK HERE. As always, back with some "Friday Funnies" tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.