Semi-Wordless Wednesday: My Late Friend/Boss Who Got Me Into Triathlons

>> Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Yesterday was the 10-year anniversary of the memorial for a former boss who took his own life.



I don't think about Bill enough with regards to just HOW much credit he should take for getting me into triathlons years ago. It really was his love of biking to work every day that got me into cycling more. I remember coming back to talk with him (after I had been done working for him for years) after I finished Ironman WI in 2007 - I was slightly embarrassed by my 15.7 mph average on the bike, but he thought that was amazing for 112 miles. I was so proud that Bill was impressed by my cycling prowess.

Talk to your friends who you suspect aren't doing well. You might not get a second chance.

Miss you and your goofy ponytail Bill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.