Addition to Our Family

>> Monday, December 27, 2021

I posted this on Facebook near the end of last week:

Meet Bruce, the newest member of our family. He came from my in-law’s farm just like Kermit and Ella did nearly 17 years ago (Ella died this past summer [posted here]). Sarah and the boys were visiting Monica’s on Saturday [9 days ago now] when I got a call as they were leaving: “Umm, this kitty followed us to the car and is super friendly, so we’re bringing him home I guess!” He’s already claimed me as his favorite, but I’m sure that won’t last. Kermit is still coming to terms with this situation as seen in the last pic.


This was pre-bath. Notice the cut across his nose (probably from a cat fight on the farm).










On the way back from his first vet appointment.








Notice old Kermit in the distance.

Kermit is hissing less and less at Bruce, but we're also still trying to keep them apart as Bruce got treated a week ago for worms, mites, and has a cold. And we don't want old Kermit getting any of those. So hopefully in about another week we can FORCE the cats to interact some more, and that will get them warmed up to each other.

Just 24 hours after making that post above, a friend dropped off something in the mailbox. I posted this:

Bruce received his first “fan mail” today. My favorite former librarian dropped off a homemade mouse filled with homegrown cat nip. Needless to say, it’s going over well.



Yesterday, I posted this photo:


Caption: "Three boys ready to drive to Grandma’s house."

And then last night when Bruce was back home, I took this photo:


I sent that to my in-laws saying "Your kitty is beginning to enjoy the 'house' life..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.