Killing a Wart

>> Thursday, December 02, 2021

It's been a while since I've used the "gross foot photo" tag.

I've had 2 warts forming on my feet for a few months: one on the bottom of each foot. I frozen them a few times before the TC 10 Mile, but then sort of forgot about them. They both didn't quite die, so I froze them both again later in the afternoon after Saturday's Moustache Run Half Marathon.

Yesterday I noticed how white the one of my left foot was, and I sort of accidentally peeled off ALL THE SKIN around it. I had frozen it quite deep (apparently), and there was just a thin layer of fresh red skin between my internal foot juices and the outside world. It was SORE to walk on.

This morning, I took a photo of it on the way to my swim:


I mean... that BARELY counts as "no open wounds in the pool," right?

It felt fine in the pool (I did some 200s while averaging 3:05/200, which was my 2nd fastest 200s workout since getting back in the pool), and then it looked like this after:



The good news is the wart was sent to hell.

The bad news is it's still a little sore. I put a little salve on it and now I'm heading to teach my class. My wife always says to freeze the warts a little longer than the packaging says, but maybe I did that one a little TOO long...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.