My Favorite 2x2 Mile Intervals

>> Sunday, October 31, 2021

Friday I was ready to try some speed. It had been 8 weeks since my last speed workout, and I only had one other fast workout before that one since May (when I injured my calf a little). I went out for my normal 2x2 mile intervals along the river.

Unlike 8 weeks ago, I WANTED to be fast here. After a 2:55 opening half mile, I wondered if I was going too hard. The 2nd half-mile split creeped above 3 minutes, but the rest stayed under:

2:55, 3:02, 2:52, 2:53 = 11:43.54

I eased up a little in the last 1/10 of a mile of that interval as I was working pretty hard! My second interval was a bit slower, which is a little unsual for me (which shows I had went out nicely in the first interval):

2:56, 3:00, 2:54, 2:56 = 11:48.05

After the workout, I posted this:


My brain doesn't work when I'm working hard.

I'm still feeling good today, so my legs are doing well! Back with maybe some Halloween photos shortly, and then a SOLID week-in-review! HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.