Race Day Tomorrow!!

>> Saturday, October 02, 2021

Tomorrow is the big day! I had my final easy trainer rider on Thursday (along with a pretty normal upper body strength routine), and then an easy run yesterday (with easier leg exercises and slightly easier core). I think I'm ready to go!

I stopped at the expo to get my packet yesterday (as well as my wife's and her friend's). I was happy to see "favorite trainer Laurie" from our gym and her hubby Tom:


They were volunteering at the Run MN booth, so I renewed our membership.

There are many things that are different this year about the Marathon and the 10 Mile: they have many more waves and are really staggering start times (there are TEN waves for the 10 mile when usually there are 4, and they are spaced out over 70 minutes), the field size was cut in half (not due to low numbers registering but because TC in Motion capped them), etc, etc. I'm curious how the extra staggered start will affect my race - will it be "quieter" on the course? Will I have fewer people around me? If so, how will that affect my race?

There's also no race morning "bag drop," so you had to bring anything for the finish area to the expo:


People dropping off clothes for the finish.


This is HALF of the boxes set aside for gear bags! Whoa!

Wish us luck tomorrow! I'll be going for my 12th finish at a 10 mile (my 9th TC 10 Mile I think) and my wife will be going for her 22nd marathon finish (21st out of 22 years at the TC Marathon)! Check back for a race report.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.