Solid Week of Training!

>> Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Last week was a nice week of training, ESPECIALLY considering that the week started just 8 days after the TC 10 Mile and I wasn't totally sure that I was all healed up yet.

Here's what last week looked like:



• MONDAY: shorter "long" run. This was my first long run since the race, and my first effort as well. I was totally going to play it by ear in case I had any pain show up (planning a route where I could be back home after 5 miles if things weren't feeling good). But things felt fine! I ran easy for 2.5 miles and then picked it up for 3 miles in the middle: they weren't KILLER fast (on purpose), but I turned in 6:49, 6:15, and 6:22 miles. Overall, it was 9.61 miles in 1:06:36 (6:56 overall average pace).

• TUESDAY: longer trainer ride. Added in 7x3 min efforts.

• WEDNESDAY: moderate effort short run. Just 5.84 miles along the river.

• THURSDAY: a nice two-a-day! A swim full of 200s earlier, and then a 75 min easier trainer ride later in the day. The swim was the first swim that felt like swimming how it USED to feel (when I was swimming regularly pre-COVID):



Add in a warm-up before the 200s, 300 of kick drills after the 200s, and then a cool-down, and I hit 1900 yards.

Then just an easy trainer ride that afternoon for some added endurance work. I'm KINDA thinking that I'll be shooting for 1 two-a-day every week. (And by default, it might have to always be Thursday or it won't happen: Tuesdays and Thursdays are my best options for this, but I don't think I'll want to be doing a two-a-day the day after my longest run workouts. But I guess we'll see.)

• FRIDAY: easy run. The same 5.84 mile route along the river as Wed, but a bit easier.

• SATURDAY: long trainer ride. I was HOPING to get outside on Saturday as I was going to have the house to myself for the majority of the day, but the urge to get projects done took over. So I just quick hopped on the trainer (I find that so much easier than prepping to head outside). I did 5x5 min efforts.

• SUNDAY: rest day.

[And I didn't mention my strength work, but it was all the "normal" stuff except I did core and PT legs on Monday instead of just PT legs. Tues was upper body, Wed was core and PT legs, Thurs was upper body (in the middle of my big two-a-day), Fri was core and PT legs, Sat was decent upper body, and Sun was core.]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.