Injury Update: 1 Short Run in Two Weeks

>> Wednesday, June 16, 2021

It was 16 days ago that I raced the Brian Kraft Memorial 5K where I tweaked my right calf a bit. Leading up to that, most of my weeks have looked like this:


End of April/beginning of May (with nothing
on the 8th because we were up north
).

But the last 3 weeks (starting with the race day) have looked like this:



The race was on the 31st, then just strength work later that week, followed by 5 days of camping in the Badlands with my boys. Then a few trainer rides and some more lifting since then.

Notice I ran 2 days ago. I was hoping for 4-5 miles, but my achilles got tight (not sore) after about 2 miles, so I stopped at 2.5 miles (I was on the treadmill in case something like that happened). Then it was a bit tight the rest of the day on Monday.

After the race, my right achilles was sore for a few days. By the time we went camping on the 6th, it felt fine. I was hoping another few days off would do the trick. I hope to try running again today (and maybe I'll go a bit farther to test it), and I'll go see my chiro for some ART or Graston tomorrow and see how everything is doing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.