Triathlon This Weekend

>> Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Well, I finally bit the bullet. I haven’t been happy with my bike training all year, but I can’t wait for perfection. (Cause it’s just not going to happen.) I signed up to race the “Heart of the Lakes” Triathlon this weekend.



In my post of my training totals from the first half of 2019, I was (kinda not) shocked to see I had less than 300 bike miles so far this year. I still find myself comparing training numbers to 2017 when I had my best year of multisport racing ever, and that year I had nearly as many miles by the end of March. I hit 1000 miles on the bike around this time in 2017.

But my run numbers back then can’t compare to this year. You win some, you lose some. But as we all know, more bike miles would help me more at a triathlon. I’m prepared for a lousy bike split.

I don’t have any specific goals at this race - I’ve never done this race before, I so don’t know what to expect. Place in my age group? Yes, hopefully. Place overall? I wasn’t thinking about it until “trainer Laurie” at the gym told me yesterday that she thinks I can. But she also doesn’t know how crappy I feel on the bike right now. It’s a short race, so I’m just hoping to go out hard and “hold on to the hurt” for a few miles.

Time to race to see what happens!!!!!

1 comments:

Unknown 10:47 AM, July 18, 2019  

Looks like someone is a pre-race favorite, according to MN Tri News!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.