HOT Fourth of July Running

>> Monday, July 08, 2019

My wife and her sister had a hot July 4th race at the "Red White and Boom" half marathon late last week! Times were slow because of the heat, but they did great! They snapped a selfie after they finished:


My wife's the one on the right. I think.

As they were finishing up (6:30 a.m. start because the race director KNOWS it will always be hot), I headed with the boys for a long run. Because of the humidity, I knew my splits wouldn't be great, and I was OK with that. I had hoped for 11 miles, but I was DONE after 10.3. I took this photo around mile 6:



I Instagrammed it with the caption: Good start to the 4th! Over 10 miles with the fellas. #ItsNotTheHeat #ItsTheHumidity #SomeonesGettingTooOldForThis #MaybeThem #MaybeMe #ButSomeone #GodBlessAmerica

I can get "fast stroller miles" around 6:15s (if not faster sometimes), but the 6 harder miles in the middle of this run averaged 6:36s. My fastest final mile was only 6:16, when usually it's around 6:00. And I was sweated through and through: I lost 3-4 lbs during the run. (I didn't weigh myself before, but all last month when I weighed myself before breakfast 6 different days, I was 160.x every time. Before this run, I ate breakfast [adds weight], and then weighed myself at 157.0 as soon as the run was over. And that was after consuming 16 oz while running as well. So I had some Nuun once I was home.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.