February in Review

>> Monday, March 04, 2019

Here's what February's training looked like:



• SWIM: 14,600 yards
• BIKE: 7 hours 30 minutes on the trainer
• RUN: 84.33 miles

Only 2 days didn't have a swim, bike, or run: resting on the 9th the day before the indoor triathlon, and on the 15th when I was winter "camping" with my boys.

My swimming is decent, my trainer time could use more work and more intensity, and my running is going great! I've had 4 bursts of speed over the last 5 weeks: 3 speed workouts (2 indoor track workouts and 1 outdoor tempo run) and 1 indoor triathlon. That's better than in the last few years, which is important to note being last spring I realized I hadn't been running "hard" enough when race season rolled around.

I hope to be racing these next 2 weekends, and these speed workouts tell me that back-to-back races aren't a horrible idea. My body's used to some stress over these last few weeks and months.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.