First Outdoor Ride of 2019!

>> Saturday, March 30, 2019

After a very snowy last half of winter, I FINALLY got outside on my tri bike on Wednesday! (See shitty winter photos in this post from earlier this month.)

I headed down the Greenway into the wind. It was 50 degrees (warmer than it's been in a long time), and that spike in temp brought the winds. I held it around 19.0 mph for most of the way out, and thought "Oh, that's good. It'll spike back up once I turn around and go with the wind." But then quickly, it dropped down to 18.0 just before I turned around.

When I headed back with the wind, my overall average spiked to 18.4 pretty quick, but then it just sat there. And I was actually still at 18.4 mph once I got back to the river after 20 total miles. Here's a pic of the ice just along the trail as I was nearly back to the Mississippi:




A post-ride tweet that summed it all up well.

Tomorrow, I'll be indoors once again for a trainer ride. But hoping to get out more!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.