Big Running Streak

>> Saturday, March 09, 2019

Two weeks ago (in this post) I mentioned that I was having a great streak of 20+ mile running weeks. I was really close to my biggest 6-month stretch of running since high school: the last half of 2012 when I ran a lot with colicky baby Henry in the jogging stroller.

Last week made 26 weeks of big weeks which stretched back to early September of 2018 (when I started ramping up miles for the TC 10 Mile a few weeks later). Here's a look at these 2 segments of training:

• 26 weeks 2018-2019 (Sept 3 through March 3): 537.82 miles.
• 26 weeks to end 2012 (July 2 through Dec 30): 537.98 miles.

BARELY shy of my biggest stretch of running since high school! And looking back at 2012, I only had 12 miles the week before starting that stretch, and I only had 8 miles the week after that stretch, so after another 20 miles of running this past week, I now truly have the biggest 27 week total of running since high school!

Thinking back to my training, only one thing has really stood out. My long runs have been nice, but the ONE big thing that made this possible was the consistency. As I noted 2 weeks ago, I've done my "usual" 3 runs/week for the last 27 weeks except for 3 times: 2 times resting up after hard races, and 1 time resting because of some knee pain. I had NO "skipped" runs over the last 27 weeks. Consistency got me here.

Back with a race report on Monday! Right now, I'm icy a slightly sprained ankle from early on in the race. Yikes! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.