Longest Double Stoller Run

>> Tuesday, September 25, 2018

On Friday and Saturday, the boys and I went camping:


On a boardwalk mid-hike in Frontenac State Park.

We got back on Saturday, and my wife was gone on a "girls weekend" with her sisters and Mom. And I needed to do a long run before the TC 10 Mile in 12 days. So the boys and I got ready to run. But I couldn't find my Garmin anywhere! So I loosely plotted out a 10.5 mile run and hit the trails with my watch. Usually, that wouldn't be a big deal, but this was probably THEE important run pre-race. I hit my watch on parts that I knew were miles, and took my random splits at other times so I could come back home and use MapMyRun to see how far apart those were. I figured I'd gone a bit over 10.5 miles, and I was right:


Mapped out post-run.

Once I calculated speed and distance, I learned I did the middle 5.14 miles at 6:26 pace. Overall, we covered 10.74 miles in 1:13:43, which is 6:51 pace. Because it was just after camping and later in the day than our usual stroller runs, both boys were falling asleep and waking up a few times:


At the end, Henry had just woken up (kind of awake here), but Charlie was passed out for the 2nd time.


We then stopped by my office at school and found my HIDDEN Garmin left on a shelf from
last week's lunchtime run. I didn't see it there when I was leaving my office last week.

So I think I have ONE more long run (withOUT the boys) in a few days, and then it's easier stuff leading up to the TC 10 Mile. Back hopefully tomorrow with some pics from our camping trip.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.