Bike Crash with Another Cyclist

>> Thursday, September 20, 2018

Finishing up a quick ride yesterday ended with a bang. Here's what I posted on Facebook:




Image accompanying that text.


I added this comment on that photo...


... along with this image looking back across the bridge.
(I was riding towards this photographer in the bike lane.)

I got home as it was starting to rain, so some rain and blood were mixing down my leg:




Cleaned up a bit later.


I was getting ready to foam roll my sore hip last night, but then I realized it was
painful from the fall. Here's some slight road rash and some odd speckles.

Something was off with my chain/derailleur at first, but it seemed to "snap" back into place. My fat wrap is a little scrapped, and one of my R2C shifters is chipped. But those cosmetic things aren't a big deal as long as there's no "real" damage. I should find out tomorrow.

Be safe out there folks!

UPDATE (9/20, 8:18 a.m.): I downloaded my Garmin data from my ride yesterday. You can pretty clearly see the crash near the end:


It's funny (maybe not the right word) how much slower the rest of the ride was post-crash.


Close-up. Going 25 mph across the bridge, then 0.


Crashing, then going back to talk to the guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  6:52 AM, September 20, 2018  

Glad you're ok Steve. Too many people don't follow the laws, even on the wide-open roads near Big Marine Lake where I do most of my rides. At least it wasn't a car, right?

One Crazy Penguin 10:41 AM, September 20, 2018  

This is so frustrating as a cyclist. It's hard enough for us out there without cyclists ignoring the rules of the road.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.