Two Solid (Not Necessarily "Fast") Runs

>> Saturday, March 18, 2017

My last 2 runs this week had some good splits. They weren't FAST, but the splits looked nice.

First: on Wednesday, I was out for an early morning run, and my knee was feeling OK. So I just kept slowly upping the pace. It wasn't nearly as hard as a tempo run, but it built a little bit of nice speed. CHECK OUT THESE PERFECTLY DESCENDING HALF-MILE SPLITS:


A cool down started after split 9, obviously.


Getting faster before an easier cool down.
(Those dips in speed were going through bigger bridges / smaller tunnels.)

Second: I took Charlie out for a stroller run again on Friday morning (like I did last Friday with him, which was a lot chillier). I was just going to run easy, but my splits stayed consistent and a little faster than I expected. CHECK OUT THESE EVEN SPLITS:


After a 1/2 mile warm-up to get to the trail, the next 8 half-mile splits (4 miles)
were within 5 secs, and my mile splits (starting at a 1/2 mile) were within 6 secs.
I think I've mentioned before that the stroller generally makes me more consistent.


A pretty even pace chart (with 4 slow-downs where I had to give Charlie something).

I didn't take any pics on these 2 runs down the Greenway. I was actually on the Greenway 3 mornings in a row: Wednesday for that descending run, Thursday for an interval ride between my classes, and Friday with Charlie. More on a week of training and my interval ride in a post next week. Happy weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.