Thirsty (for knowledge) Thursday: Five Endurance Links

>> Thursday, March 16, 2017

Here are 5 short articles I found interesting:

6 "pro tips" on how to make treadmill running more bearable. I know winter is almost over, but here are some treadmill tips if your still running indoors.

A core routine for runners that doesn't require a gym. Here are a handful of good core exercises. Start with 30 sec each, and work up to 2 mins each.

• [VIDEO] Coach Troy (of Spinervals fame) talks about how to do a proper hill workout on the bike. Oh Coach Troy. I love you. I hate you.

Managing race-day stress. I mean, I just take a giant dump in a porta-potty, but everyone's different. Here might be some better tips than just "take a big sh*t."

Five kinds of sugars in your endurance gels (and what they do and what to avoid). This breaks down how your body uses these sugars differently, and I found it interesting.

Oh, and it's also "science" that fruit is good for you, so their calories don't count:



For more "Thirsty Thursday" posts that highlight workouts, body science, and all kinds of interesting information, CLICK HERE. Back with some "Friday Funnies" tomorrow. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.