No Race For Me Today

>> Monday, September 02, 2013

Wednesday is when the foot pain came on QUICK during a run.

Friday a sports med doc said it was just tendon issues, and I could run through some pain for a bit (like a few months) before doing any real damage. The doc told me to try out 3 miles yesterday (Sunday), and if that went well, I could race the 10K and maybe even the 5K (as part of the "double-header") today.

Well yesterday, my run turned a little painful about a 1/4 mile in. I turned around and stopped after a half mile. It wasn't horrible, but I imagine it would be HORRIBLE after a 10K of racing had I raced this morning.

I want to make sure I'm ready for a half marathon in 6 days, so I thought it was best to skip the Victory 10K and 5K today. After all, I had won free entry into the race, so I wasn't even out a penny. Trying to be smart here! OK... time to massage my foot...

And for no particular reason, here's an Instgram from a few days ago:


"So this just happened in our backyard...."

3 comments:

JoAnn,  10:58 AM, September 02, 2013  

Best to rest! Who is your doc? I'm looking for a foot doctor for some nagging over use injury. If you recommend your guy I can tell him that Steve in a Speedo sent me!
thanks!

GoBigGreen 1:14 PM, September 03, 2013  

Dont mess with Peroneal tendon issues espec if its that close to foot. I get lateral "shin splints" when my shoes dont have enough lateral support and i would say 80% of the shoes these days dont have enough arch FEEL and the lateral heel counter is lame.
Take it easy Steve, see you at the Y soon.

Steve Stenzel 4:27 AM, September 04, 2013  

Thanks GoBigGreen! And JoAnn, I just went to a sports med doc in the University Village on University Ave (through the Fairview system).

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.