2 'Henry Runs' in 3 Days

>> Monday, February 20, 2012

Have I mentioned how much I LOVE this warm winter?

RUN #1:

Thursday, I picked up Henry from daycare, topped off his tank (fed him a bottle), and we headed out into a nearly 40 degree evening for a quick run. He was all wide-eyed when I loaded him up:



We headed down to River Road (like normal) and ran along the Mississippi. I didn't know if he'd get fussy (because he tends to get fussy that time of night), so I looped around a lot and didn't have all of my normal mile-markers. I picked it up in the middle and turned it into a bit of a tempo run. I covered the middle 3.5 hilly miles at about 6:30 pace with Henry! He was mostly sleeping.

I ended up covering a total of 8.5 miles in 57:56 (6:49 / mile average). Henry woke up as I was walking about 1 block from home. We pulled into the yard and he was making faces at me:



And as soon as we got in the house, he started giggling at Pharmie and I from his car seat! He usually wants to get out and play as soon as we get in the house, but on Thursday he just sat there and laughed:


Direct link: http://youtu.be/y3ZJSc1ZyUg


RUN #2:

Yesterday, it was 45 degrees and Henry and I needed to get in a long run. So we headed out again! He passed out ONE BLOCK INTO OUR RUN!



It was amazing how snow-free everything was! Here's Henry along the "lower trail" right along side of the Mississippi, and usually (because of all the trees), this place is COVERED in snow for a long time:



Henry slept for over 4 miles until I ran into speedy race-buddy Claire Bootsma! Then he heard us talking and woke up and smiled big the whole time we chatted:


Smiley dude!


Me and Claire!
(I'm hat-less and sweaty in shorts on a run IN FEB! I love it!)

Claire told me that SHE JUST GOT HER "PRO DUATHLETE CARD!" She's official! Congrats Claire! It will be fun to watch your season this year!! (You might remember Claire from my Waseca Triathlon race report where I TRIED to track her down but she totally owned me. And you'll remember her from my "Kitten Mile" race report from a few months ago where I FINALLY got her back for beating me at Waseca!)

Henry was now awake for the rest of the run. I wanted to run another 8 miles or so, and I did it without being much more than 2 miles from home in case Henry got too cranky and we had to sprint home. But he was a CHAMP and we got in a total of 12.4 miles! And I didn't mean for it to be fast (I was PLANNING on just a longer, slower run with Henry) but because he was awake, I ran a little harder in case he got cranky and needed to get home. My final 6 miles were all sub 7: 6:37, 6:56, 6:38, 6:46, 6:35, and 6:33. In total, we did 12.4 miles in 1:27:42 (6:59 / mile average).

We got home as Henry was falling asleep again. He woke up a few minutes later and was all smiles again!



Back tomorrow with the results of the Roctane Drink and Ryders Shades giveaway! Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

TriMOEngr 8:08 AM, February 20, 2012  

Such a good running partner there! Never tire of baby giggles. Thanks for sharing!

Robyn 8:16 AM, February 20, 2012  

Thanks for the cute pictures! I was out on the E River Rd with my 5 year old on Saturday afternoon (big bike ride) and was sorta keeping an eye out for someone in a funny blue hat pushing a BOB. But I guess you were out the next day, and hatless!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.