87 Men Running 25 Laps

>> Monday, January 10, 2011

Remember my indoor 5000 meter race report from a week ago? There were 19 of us running 25 laps on a 200 meter track. Here's a photo of all of us standing around pre-start:



The meet had official timing that included photo-finishes. The photos started being taken after the first place finisher, but everyone else (including me) had at least 1 full lap left. So whenever anyone crossed the finish line (even if they WEREN'T finishing at that moment), they had another picture taken of themselves. So the 19 of us actually appear as 87 runners in the finishers photo:



Yep, that's the entire photo. Let's look at that again:



Here's the photo Pharmie got as I was hitting my watch at the 4800 meter point (with one lap left):



Here's how that photo looked from the timer's camera:


Me and my calf-sleeves fit in with the "old guys." ;)

Pharmie got a shot of me finishing on the outside lanes:



And here's what that "officially" looked like a half-stride later:



Here are some more photos from the timer's camera at the meet:


My buddy Sean checking over his shoulder about to make a pass


"How many laps do I have left?..."


"Four left, right?"


"One left, right?"

Speaking of track meets, I'll be running the "Meet of the Miles" TONIGHT as the kick-off of the MDRA Grand Prix series. Should be fun! I'll have a race report up ASAP! Have a good week, everyone!

(Oh, and if you missed it, check out my 2011 goals [and 2010 porta-potty pics] in my previous post.)

3 comments:

Jennifer Harrison 7:11 PM, January 10, 2011  

OH these are awesome pics, Steve!!! have fun and good luck!

CoachLiz 7:53 AM, January 14, 2011  

Love that you are still hitting your watch in your photos.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.