My Porta-Potty 'Year in Review' and 2011 Goals

>> Saturday, January 08, 2011

I looked through all my pre-race porta-potty photos from 2010, and I found 12:


Winter Carnival Half Marathon


Lake Johanna 4 Mile


Irish For A Day 10 Mile


Pine Line Half Marathon (in a McDonalds after)


MDRA Mudball 4 Mile


Cannon Falls Duathlon


Oakdale Duathlon


Gear West Duathlon


Liberty Olympic Distance Triathlon


Great Prairie Open Water Swim


Waseca Sprint Triathlon (I SWEAR I'm not drunk here... sheesh)


Mosquito Man Duathlon

Because I was bored 2 nights ago (and Pharmie had a "headache"), I combined all of my 2010 porta-potty images into one sweet composite. Here's the year in review in 1 photo:



Weird.

Pointless.

Anyway, here are my 4 goals for this year:

- Train up for Liberty Oly as my "A" race. Sub 2:15!! Around 2:13 would be a-m-a-z-i-n-g.

- Use the word "lollygag" more often. It's highly underused, and it reminds me of my Dad.

- Chocolate. That's all: chocolate. Eat more... eat less... whatever. We'll see where this one goes.

- Run more. This is the big one. In the past, I would ALWAYS say "Oh, I need to 'let my running go' a bit and focus on making my biking stronger." Well SCREW THAT this year. I enjoy running! I'm going to do what I like and run!! I still LOVE doing multisport events, and I'll still race them as much as I can. But if my biking slides a bit, so be it.

On that note, I'm pretty sure I'm going to do the Minnesota Distance Running Association Grand Prix series. I won't do all the races, but I'll do as many as I can (maybe 8 or 9 of the 13 in the series). The series has two 1-mile races, two marathons, and everything else in between. If you sign up to do the series, you get points for each series race you finish, and then you get ranked against the other MDRA Grand Prix series athletes.

The first race in the series is MONDAY NIGHT! It's the "Meet of the Miles" - an indoor track mile at the U of M Fieldhouse. I posted an Examiner article about it - CLICK HERE for more info. Come race with me! It's only $5! And there are heats for ALL abilities.


p.s. Here are some of my favorite Examiner articles from recent days:

- THIS IS A GOOD ONE: Here's another take on "New Years Resolutionists" at your gym.
- A local distance running coaching clinic.
- Changes in the MN Ironman Bike ride, including a "Gran Fondo" option.
- Next week is the kick-off to the MDRA Grand Prix series.

And as always, if you'd like, you can become a fan of my Examiner page on Facebook to get my updates in your FB News Feed. Thanks everyone! Happy Weekend!!


8 comments:

Angela 1:04 PM, January 08, 2011  

Thanks for sharing this. I was just going off the other day about how I couldn't get my run in that night because the 3 times I went down to the apartment gym it was jam packed. Now I feel like a jerk! From now on I will be nice about it!

Steve Stenzel 2:02 PM, January 08, 2011  

Yeah, Angela, the first time I read it, I felt a little like a jerk too... ;)

Christi 2:42 PM, January 08, 2011  

I love the composite photo!

Good for you for embracing theh running. That is awesome! I hope you kick butt at the Grand Prix series!

Andy Rosebrook 6:56 PM, January 08, 2011  

Dude, that has to be the best potta potty montage of all time (except you lose points for including the Mcdonald's shot).

Lollygag - One of my favorite scenes in Bull Durham. "What does that make us?" "Lollygaggers"

Bigun 9:39 AM, January 09, 2011  

Love the goals, and the pics - great series of potty shots! Good luck in '11!

SteveQ 1:08 PM, January 09, 2011  

Coach says no to my racing the Winter Carnival Half - risking injury in January just isn't smart for me right now.

Now... can you combine the Potty shots and the Pirate shots?

The key to the Meet of the Miles is picking the right heat to be in. It was on my schedule (back in September), but now I'm leaving it to my proteges.

Amytrigirl (aka Amybee) 7:40 PM, January 09, 2011  

the portapotty pics are always some of my faves.

I think your 2011 goals are totally right on.

Good for you!

Bruther 3:31 PM, January 10, 2011  

skaliwag and skofflaw are even better

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.