>> Wednesday, January 05, 2011
- Swim: 151,806.6 yards (86.25 miles, 1.81 mph ave)
- Bike: 863.93 miles (outdoors, 18.42 mph ave)
- Run: 911.42 miles (7:21 / mile ave)
- Trainer Rides / Spin Class: 21 hours 30 minutes
- Mountain Biking: 4 hours 49 minutes
- Strength / Core: 65 hours 27 minutes (129 "sessions")
- Weight: 156.6 start, 156.4 end, 159.9 high (Feb), 151.4 low (Sept)
- Body Fat %: high of 12.65 (July), low of 11.47 (Sept)
Some notes on those numbers:
- Swim: over 100% more than last year! Thanks to Julia! (And Jen!)
- Bike: believe it or not, but that's BETTER than last year (by like 55 miles). I need to fall back in love with biking, but it's just not happening...
- Run: over 50% more than last year! I had 399 miles logged in the first 6 months of 2010, and over 512 miles logged in the last 6 months. Thanks to Jen!
- Strength / Core: a few more times than 2009, but pretty similar. Did a little less in the last half of the year because Jen didn't have me doing as much during my TC 10 Mile training.
- Weight: pretty similar to last year. But both my high and low are a little higher than last year. Uh oh...
- Duathlons: 4 total (2 individually, 2 as a relay)
- Triathlons: 4 total (1 sprint, 1 oly, 2 indoor)
- Half Marathons: 2
- 10 Mile: 2
- 5K or 4 Mile: 3
- KILLED my Olympic Tri PR with a 2:15:37 performance at Liberty Tri.
- Also at Liberty, I received my first "age group" win in a tri.
- Raced my first "swim only" event at the "Great Prairie 2.5K Open Water Swim."
- Had GREAT luck with my running: set new PRs in the mile (4:53), 5K (17:11), 4 mile (22:42), 10 mile (59:05), and half marathon (1:22:51) distances!
- Most of those PRs were substantial: 1.6 sec in the mile, 15 sec in the 5K, 1:07 in the 4 mile, 3:14 in the 10 mile, and 5:14 in the half marathon. (And my Oly PR was 7:23 better than my previous best!)
- Got to work with Jen Harrison (my first real coach) and learned a TON in the 8 weeks prior to the TC 10 Mile.
I think one of the biggest personal highlights for me is that after a year of MORE mileage and FASTER PRs, I can say that I didn't have to visit Dr. Folske ONCE in 2010! It's been the most injury-free year I've EVER had! My heels and my knees are in good shape! I hurt a little something in my foot after Liberty, but I just took it easy for a while after that. I played it smart. And being smart paid off. The downside was that I didn't race nearly as much as in the past - add up my running and multisport races listed above this year, and you get 15; last year it was 19; and the year before it was 21.
Remember my ONE goal for 2010? It was this: to get a photo at the finish line of every race with me stopping my watch or looking like a "pirate" (or THEE most amazing photo of all: a pirate WHILE stopping my watch!). I was sick of getting photos like this in the past, so at the end of 2009, I decided I'd embrace this for 2010. Below is what I was able to get throughout the year.
First, here are 7 photos of me stopping my watch:
L to R, top of bottom: Winter Carnival Half Marathon, Oakdale Du, Gear West Du, Liberty Tri, Great Prairie Open Water Swim, Waseca Tri, and the official timing photo from the Charities Challenge Track Meet (1 mile)
Cannon Falls Duathlon
Oakdale Duathlon (unflattering down-stride... sorry)
Cannon Falls Duathlon
Twin Cities 10 Mile