>> Saturday, January 30, 2010
That’s how I feel about Thursday’s workout (Jan 28th). More on that in a moment.
• Sat, Jan 16: Confidence-boosting 12 mile run. (Click here for more on that run.)
• Sun, Jan 17: Upper body workout (and core) at the Y.
• Mon, Jan 18: Nothing.
• Tues, Jan 19: Nothing.
• Wed, Jan 20: Lift, core, and some old PT leg exercises. (Because my "good" heel has been hurting in a weird spot, I figured I need to be strengthening my legs to help keep my form strong. So I’m starting to get back into the routine of doing some hip / knee / leg exercises. When I do that, I find I’m less prone to injury.)
• Thurs, Jan 21: Easy 4 miler in just under 30:00. A few 60 second pick-ups in there.
• Fri, Jan 22: Nothing.
• Sat, Jan 23: Winter Carnival Half Marathon: 1:28:55. Click here for my race report, click here to see my “video report” (I ran with my camera and took some videos along the way), and click here to see a slideshow of images I took along the way. (Oh, and click here to see how I defiled a Gatorade bottle just before the race...)
• Sun, Jan 24: Nothing. On Saturday after the race and on Sunday, Pharmie and I spent time with our families. Saturday was a party for my nephew’s second birthday, then a dinner with Pharmie’s family. Sunday was a fun meal with my family before we headed home.
My nephew Ian discovering that he likes red frosting!
• Tues, Jan 26: Long weight lifting session! Good upper body and core work, and some PT leg exercises too.
• Wed, Jan 27: 1800 yard swim in 31:04 (1:43.8 / 100 yard average). This was my longest sustained swim in a while. I need to work on that speed, though...
• Thurs, Jan 28: 5.5 mile run in 38:52 (7:04/mile) and then a HELLISHLY GOOD upper body workout. I did this workout that is focused on adding power to your swimming. We’ll see... For the first part, I did 10, 8, 6, and 5 chin-ups. For the second part, I did 12, 12, 12, and 10 dips with a 2kg ball between my feet. For the third part, I did 100x10, 112.5x10, and 125x10. For the fourth part, I did 10, 9, and 8 reverse push-ups. And for the fifth part, I did 12, 16, 16, and 10 push ups with knee tucks. Again, click here to check out the details of the workout. It’s a good one to try!
• Fri, Jan 29: Lifting with legs and a little core. I did some leg presses, hammy curls, quad extensions, lunges, etc, as well as a few of my old PT leg exercises.
• Sat, Jan 30: Well, this workout has yet to be done, but I think Pharmie and I are heading to Lake Calhoun in Minneapolis to do a 10 mile run with 2 friends. Should be fun! Happy weekend everyone!!
Oh, and make sure to stop back next week as I start my “Does It Work?” series.