Friday Funny 73: Lemon Lime Gatorade Looks Like Pee

>> Friday, January 29, 2010

I mean, come on. Look at it:



OK, there’s more to this story.

Last Saturday, I was swigging on that same Lemon Lime Gatorade as I was headed to the Winter Carnival Half Marathon. I finished most of it and left the bit that remained in my car for the ride home after the race.

Nearing the start of the race, I found Guy, Jenny, Julie, and Beth. I soon realized I had to pee once again before running. I ran out to the porta-potties and realized that the line was pretty long, and that I’d be cutting it REAL close to the start of the race.

Yep. You’ve put 2 and 2 together. You know where this is going.

I ran 2 blocks back to my car parked in the ramp. I was parked next to a small SUV that provided some “shelter.” I hopped in the passenger side (of my car, not the SUV) and grabbed the Gatorade bottle with the few swigs left. I looked around, popped the top, and let flow.

It was grand.

I put the cap back on TIGHT, threw it on the floor of my car, and got back to the race site. I told Kris and Mark what had just gone down. They didn’t seem that surprised. (Umm, now that I think about it, I think shook Mark's hand. Shoot. Sorry Mark.)

When I brought the bottle back to put in our garage (filled with 1/3 Gatorade and 2/3 Steveade), Pharmie’s first words were words of pride: “Well, I’m happy you brought the bottle back so we could recycle it.” That’s my wife.

Look again. Here’s the bottle with the “concoction” noted above sitting in our garage:



(And before there are any jokes about the “Gatorade bottle test,” I can let you know that I was on the outside peeing in. So stop mocking me. And stop giggling.)

Stop back next week as I start my “Does It Work?” series. I’ll be writing about things I’ve tried and my results with them. Happy Friday!!

13 comments:

Craigstrispot 6:45 AM, January 29, 2010  

I love your blog. That is pretty funny. I'm thinking maybe I'll poo in a baby ruth wrapper and do a comparison.

http://craigstrispot.blogspot.com

Kim 7:17 AM, January 29, 2010  

And why didn't you just find a nice little bush outside? Only you steve. Only you.

Steve Stenzel 7:23 AM, January 29, 2010  

It was downtown St. Paul, Kim! There weren't any little "groves" of trees or big bushes to jump into! ;)

Julie 7:46 AM, January 29, 2010  

Good Lord Steve!! Why am I really not surprised? When you got to go...you got to go!! Just so you know, I am smiling:)

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!!

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 7:54 AM, January 29, 2010  

Believe it or not...I havenever pee'd in a bottle. many times came very close. But, you do what you gotta do, especially pre-race.

Good show,

Sean

Aimee 9:32 AM, January 29, 2010  

Nice!

One time my husband and I were coming back to Denver from a snowboarding trip in the mountains and the traffic was really bad. Stop and go the whole way for over 2 hours! My husband really had to go pee and was literally in pain trying to hold it. Finally he saw a Starbucks coffee cup left over from the morning drive and after much debate decided to pee in it. It was kind of gross to drive the rest of the way home knowing there was pee in the cup, but really, you gotta do what you gotta do!

SteveQ 10:39 AM, January 29, 2010  

Sadly, you didn't mention whether they taste the same; THAT's what I was expecting!

Maureen Lisa 11:36 AM, January 29, 2010  

That's hilarious. I've never heard of the 'Gatorade Test'...guess what I'm going to make my bf do tonight...hahahah kidding...maybe.

Kathy 12:27 PM, January 29, 2010  

My husband ALWAYS pees in a bottle. And woe to he (or she, we have 4 kids) who does not check the contents of a bottle before drinking.

SingletrackJenny (formerly known as IronJenny) 4:23 PM, January 29, 2010  

And now for a word from our Powerade sponsor....

"you are all safe with Powerade ION which has more electrolytes to not only get you to the finish faster, but no one ever pees in our product!"

Jenny, Coca Cola
;-)

carrieacampbell 9:20 PM, January 29, 2010  

Hey Steve! Been lurking for quite a while & actually spent the past couple weeks reading every post on your blog start to finish. You are extraordinarily entertaining. I love the gross out factor most of all.

Carrie

Beth 11:12 PM, January 29, 2010  

I saw the porta potty pictures from before the race. How much did you drink? A little over hydration, maybe? :) Just kidding. Very funny post.

Jen 6:41 PM, January 30, 2010  

Too funny... and yuck!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.