>> Monday, January 04, 2010
Here are my 2009 year-end totals, to keep me honest:
- Swim: 72,882.92 yards (or 41.41 miles)
- Bike: 808.94 miles (outdoors)
- Trainer Rides / Spinning: 19:58
- Mountain Biking: 2:00
- Run: 607.37 miles
- Lifting Weights / Core: 118 times
- Weight: 156.6 start, 156.6 end, 158.8 high, 150.4 low
Some notes on those numbers:
- Swim: better than last year, thanks solely to Julia!
- Bike: quite a bit better than last year (yes, 800 miles NOT including trainer time is MUCH better than last year). But I still need to do much more bike work.
- Run: 100 miles short from 2008, but I was training for a Grandma’s Marathon in 2008.
- Lifting Weights / Core: similar to 2008.
- Weight: similar to 2008.
- Duathlons: 5 total (3 individual, 2 team)
- Triathlons: 6 total (1 Half Ironman, 2 Olys, 1 sprint, 2 indoor)
- Half Marathons: 1
- 10 Mile: 2
- 5K, 4 Mile, or 10K: 5
- Ran my first ever stand-alone 10K.
- Biked in my first ever Time Trial.
- Smashed my previous Olympic Distance PR with 2 olys in 2:23 this year (2:23:06 and 2:23:00).
- Won my first “triathlon.” (Triathlon is in quotes because it was an indoor event with 60 athletes.) And had my first triathlon AG finish (2nd in the 20-29 AG at the St. Croix Valley Olympic Distance Triathlon).
Looking back, I think the best part of 2008 was watching the students from the College of Visual Arts “Triathlon Club” finish their first event. I don’t know how many times I’ve went back to look at the post where they all tell their story of their first sprint triathlon. Click here to read their stories and see them in action in their first triathlon.
So this past year, I put up this image and was going to try to avoid finisher’s photos that looked like this:
First, here are some of me hitting my watch:
Winter Carnival 10K
Ironman New Orleans
Chisago Lakes Triathlon
Cannon Falls Duathlon
Gear West Duathlon
Monster Dash 10 Mile
Winter BeGone Duathlon
Twin Cities 10 Mile
Screw you, 2010. If I can’t get the finisher’s photo I want, I’ll start “wanting” what I get. Bring it. ;)