Out the Door to a Half Marathon!

>> Saturday, January 23, 2010

Let’s start at the bottom, and work our way up:



• YakTrax in case the road is too slick? Check.
• Brooks Adrenaline GTS running shoes? Check.
• Drymax Winter Running socks?* Check.
• Sugoi Compression Tights? Check.
• Under Armour Shorts?** Check.
• DeFeet Gloves? Check.
• Nike Top that’s nice and warm? Check.
• Nike Windbreaker to keep out the rain? Check.
• Old, old hat? Of course that’s a “check.”

* Note the Drymax socks pulled fashionably over the Sugoi tights. I see the start of a new trend!...
** To keep the “boys” from freezing off. Duh.
Also, I realize I'm not wearing the YakTrax or the gloves in the photo. Cut me some slack. It's early.


I have a few other things packed as well: I’ll carry my camera if it’s not raining too hard; I have a thin Sugoi top in case it starts raining more; and I have some Rotane GU for somewhere near the turn-around.

I won’t have time to post when I get back home (busy day!), but check my Twitter feed to see how I did - I’ll update that when I get a moment. Wish me luck!! OK, off to brave the freezing rain...

14 comments:

Anonymous,  7:14 AM, January 23, 2010  

Good Luck. I'll be thinking about everyone running today while I'm at the pool.

Relentless Forward Commotion 7:56 AM, January 23, 2010  

you snowy runners are very impressive! Good luck!

Missy 8:30 AM, January 23, 2010  

Luck and that is a HOT look.

Anonymous,  8:59 AM, January 23, 2010  

Love the ensemble! Good luck!

Jim Smith II 10:32 AM, January 23, 2010  

Rocking that look how can you not have a good time ;-)

Best of luck Steve! Looking forward to the race report.

Badgergirl 10:40 AM, January 23, 2010  

Love the outfit! Good luck Steve!

SteveQ 11:04 AM, January 23, 2010  

I wouldn't have known it was you without the red socks. You looked strong at 10 miles!

Anonymous,  12:48 PM, January 23, 2010  

Hope it goes well!!!

Unknown 1:05 PM, January 23, 2010  

Hope the race went well. it looks miserable out there.

Greenking17 "TRI-harder" 2:13 PM, January 23, 2010  

Love the socks! Drymax rules the schools...hope it all goes well for you out there, its gonna be an interesting one at best.

Sean

Matt Ellenberger 3:40 PM, January 23, 2010  

I may have seen you driving to the race around 8:00, maybe? but anyways, how did you not burn up? I wore a Craft wind stopper long sleeve fitting tech shirt, my Twin Cities Running club singlet over that, brooks wind briefs, running tights, and shorts over those, as well as Brooks pulse- lite gloves, wool trail socks, and my Adrenaline GTS 10's and I was practically burning up by the time I finished

tri_al 1:59 AM, January 24, 2010  

damn. how do you manage these kind of looks? as my father would say, in a very australian accent, that's a shocker. :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.