Lots of Running = Injured

>> Thursday, August 29, 2013

I went on my last long run yesterday morning before my 10K and 5K this weekend, and my half marathon next weekend. I had hoped to go 14, but just before mile 11, the bottom/outside of my left foot got really sore really quickly. I stopped and adjusted my heel lift thinking that it maybe just slid forward a bit. But when I started running again, the bottom of my foot started hurting pretty quickly again. I got back home after 12 miles and called it good.

It was really sore for the next few hours - to the point that I was limping. I massaged it, foam rolled it, and stretched my legs (because people on twitter [including Coach Jen] noted that it's all connected, and looser legs will help a sore foot). I iced it when I could throughout the day. It was sore the rest of the day, but it was OK.

This morning, I barely felt it while in bed, but now I'm really limping around the house. It hurts a LOT. I'm afraid it's not just a "tendon thing" and I maybe broke something in my foot...

Crap.

6 comments:

Jumper 2.0 8:13 AM, August 29, 2013  

It sounds like you're right, but I hope you're not!

Robyn 8:17 AM, August 29, 2013  

Oh no, Steve. I feel for you. I sure hope it gets better fast.

Jeremy Reichenberger 8:26 AM, August 29, 2013  

Oh no! I hope you're wrong. Injuries are THE WORST. I was hoping to see you at the races on Monday (assuming I scrape up the cash to register!)

Foges 9:15 AM, August 29, 2013  

When she says everything is connected, is she referring to your va jay-jay? suck it up cupecake! :)

Steve Stenzel 9:45 AM, August 29, 2013  

Thanks everyone. Peroneal tendonitis was suggested to me, and I'll give it another day before getting an x-ray. Hoping for the best!

SteveQ 11:25 AM, August 29, 2013  

Just run on it for another 30 years, like I did. Or maybe not.

Your description's too vague. Peroneal tendonitis is possible, especially if it hurts rotating the ankle, but it tends to get better the longer you run. Bone bruise is my bet - maybe heel spur/fasciitis. Fasciitis is especially bad the first step out of bed in the morning.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.