Friday Funny 83: Gu's April Fools Joke

>> Friday, April 02, 2010

Gu had a pretty good April Fools joke. Check out these screenshots from their website yesterday:





Here's a close-up. Some of the small details on the packaging is pretty funny:



My favorite lines are "Maximum Chewiness" on the Liver & Onions, "Minimum Mange" on the Venison Vengeance, and "Net Weight: 1 fish" on the Sassy Sardine. Yum.

Here's what their site said:

GU Announces New Line of Savory Gels:
GU Energy Labs, known for their delicious and performance-boosting gels, chews and Brews, is proud to introduce a lip-smacking line of Savory Gels, giving the athlete the "main course" that’s been missing from their racing diet.

The first of the savory gels, Liver & Onions: "THE Performance Organ Meat," will be introduced at retail on April 1st, 2010. Later in 2010, the company will roll out six additional items in the savory line, including:

Limburger Cheesy Squeezy – featuring maximum fermentation
Lard Dart – with proprietary Fatback Tissue
Mushroom Rush – boasting both stems and caps
Pimento Loafer – for the athlete looking for a hint of pickle
Sassy Sardine – your source for calcium, scales and all
Venison Vengeance – hits the bullseye and keeps you in the game

Christian Johnson, GU’s Vice President of Sales and Marketing, said, "Our new line of Savories is a veritable smorgasbord of fats, salt, organ meat and impactful scents. It’s the sort of "carving table in a pouch" that serious athletes have been looking for. The performance benefits speak for themselves, but if they just want to use it for dinner, we’re not going to stop them."

Happy April Fools.

Well played, Gu!! Great work!

I'll actually have another "Friday Funny" in a couple of hours. And make sure to check out my last post, the "Fashion-Forward Your Fabulous Fool" Contest. I'm looking for entries!...

5 comments:

Georgia Snail 8:55 AM, April 02, 2010  

BAA really did a number on me yesterday when they announce that they were lowering the BQ times...

http://mybaa.org/BostonMarathon/2011.html

Regina 9:10 AM, April 02, 2010  

That is fantastic! Love it.

Steve Stenzel 10:04 AM, April 02, 2010  

GeorgiaSnail, I saw that too! I told Pharmie about that last night! I LOVE a good April Fools joke like that!

CoachLiz 4:42 PM, April 06, 2010  

Oh now that is nasty. But I do love the Venison Vengeance with Bambi on the packet.

Anonymous,  5:44 PM, April 21, 2010  

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.