Last Run, and a BIG THANKS!

>> Thursday, April 22, 2010

Well, I just got back from my final easy run before Saturday's half marathon. I bumped into Angie Voight for the second time in 2 runs! I saw her at the track when I did intervals on Tuesday, and I recognized her from the MDRA Mudball. So I introduced myself and we chatted for a bit. It turns out that she came across my blog as she was thinking about running the Doughnut Run this year! (Google led her to my race report from 2 years ago.) Anyway, I bumped into her and her running partner out on River Road tonight. Nice to see you guys again!

Now, it's time to REST UP for Saturday's half marathon!! I'm hoping to go out with an average of about 6:30 / mile over the first few miles, and then just see what happens. 1:28:05 is my half marathon PR, and I really think I can kill that on Saturday!

And I'd like to thank EVERYONE who "liked" my photo in the Road ID Facebook contest!! They had a contest where Facebook Fans could upload photos of themselves in their Road ID, and the top 5 entries would win jerseys, bike shorts, lots of Gu, etc. I entered this photo from 2 weeks ago:



Most entries got about 1 to 4 "likes." One other entry got 14 "likes." But, thanks to you guys, mine got 83!!



Too bad the contest wasn't on "likes" alone! I got this Facebook message from Road ID a few days ago:

While you did not make the top 5 I wanted to let you know that your comical photo and overwhelming # of "likes" did not go unnoticed. So, I'd like to extend you a door prize of a $20 gift card. Drop an email to me, [name], at [e-mail address], and i'll send you an e-card. Thanks for playing along...

Well, that was a dirty lie, because he sent me a $25 giftcard! Thanks Road ID!! I'm getting Pharmie a new ankle ID with your gift! And thanks to all of you for "liking" that photo for me!! THANKS!!!

7 comments:

CoachLiz 11:28 PM, April 22, 2010  

SWEET!!! Nothing like shameless self promotion and a boat load of Blogger peeps to snag you some choice Shwag.

Next year you and Pharmie need to consider coming to Galveston for our spectacular 70.3 race put on by Kieth Jordan.

Kris 4:25 AM, April 23, 2010  

Yay! I 'liked' your photo! Nice to see our clicks were not wasted!

Good luck with the half! My first one ever is in three weeks.. eep!

Hmm, I should add you on Twitter *wanders off*

Matt Ellenberger 7:22 AM, April 23, 2010  

Congrats steve. Now I believe I should be getting a cut of that? See you Saturday morning

Allie 8:06 AM, April 23, 2010  

That's awesome! Road ID is such a great company.

TriEric 12:21 PM, April 23, 2010  

How cool...my like is named....I'm not one of the 80 "others".

Good luck on the half.

M 9:54 PM, April 24, 2010  

That's super cool!! Now I love Road ID even more!! Congrats!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.