Stu's Half Marathon Predictions, On Video

>> Sunday, April 25, 2010

Pharmie and I had a GREAT time in Wisconsin on Friday night and Saturday morning hanging out with our triathlon buddies Rural Girl, Simply Stu, and Robby B. Rural Girl opened her home to all of us, and we just had a blast. We spent the night at her place, and then all ran the Pine Line Half Marathon on Saturday morning.

On Friday night, I HAD to go change into my tiny yellow shorts from the 1970s the "bowl full of sunshine" because Rural Girl just flips when I wear those things around her. Then I grabbed her Cyclocross bike (the one she fell off of last fall and broke her elbow) and did laps around her basement. Stu grabbed my camera and retold part of the dream he had earlier in the week where he was racing along side of me on an "invisible" or "imaginary bicycle." He out-kicked me at the line to beat me, but in his dream I finished in 1:24:59. And I had never told Stu that sub-1:25 is my half marathon goal for the near future. Creepy.

Here's the video:


Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB9zkRoZGfc

(That's the bike seat between my legs thankyouverymuch, and not "something else." Perv. Why were you looking there in the first place?...)

I'll have my half marathon race report up tomorrow morning.

Could I run as fast as Stu's dream predicted when my PR is 1:28?

Was I out-kicked by someone on an invisible bicycle at the finish line?

Did Rural Girl burn her bike seat after I rode around on it in those shorty shorts?

All your questions will be answered tomorrow.... ;)

3 comments:

teacherwoman 3:48 PM, April 25, 2010  

Hope you got our sub 1:25

Sue,  6:23 PM, April 25, 2010  

oh man...I can't wait until tomorrow to find out!

Anonymous,  3:29 AM, August 19, 2010  

Thanks for the information, can, I too can help you something?

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.