Three 40+ Mile Rides in One Week!
>> Monday, August 10, 2026
Last week was another big bike week!! I posted a few weeks back about a week of 121 miles in the saddle which was great, but last week, I hit 130+ miles!
130.9 miles on my bike!
• TUESDAY was a long ride with the first 35 at tempo pace. That's a long tempo ride. And it wasn't SUPER hard because I was going so far. It was like a 90% tempo effort and not like a 98% effort. It was also just over 60 degrees when I took off before sunrise, so I was wearing LONG SLEEVES for the first time in months:
Long sleeves under my jersey.
Long boring trail. Actually mentally hard to do a long ride because it's soooo boring.
Pretty colors as the sun rises.
Three deer butts! I scared some deer on the way back. Saw a total of 8 deer on this ride.
From Alex to Garfield to Brandon to Evansville to Melby
and back (with some extra around Alex as a cooldown).
Kinda downhill on the way out.
• THURSDAY was 4x5 mile efforts. This was to be my "hard" ride! I got a photo of my bike with Big Ole during my warm-up:
Big Ole might have a new hair color soon!
#1: 13:50, 21.7 mph (21.8 mph half way, just down from 22.0 before that)
#2: 13:27, 22.3 mph (22.5 half way)
#3: 13:23, 22.4 mph (23.7 half way)
#4: 13:16, 22.6 mph (22.9 half way)
I worked hard to descend those! The lowest part of each interval was in the middle, so I had a small, uphill "false flat" to the finish of all 4 intervals:
The "dips" in elevation were the middle of each of the intervals.
(Note how the dips fit together in the middle of the faster paces for the intervals.)
Intervals between the 3 and 6 on that map. Cooldown to the east.
Literally standing on the bike trail to get this photo!
Something like 30-40 minutes before sunrise. The days are getting shorter!!
The phone makes the trail look brighter, but the "speed blur" lets you know it was darker!
The sun was finally up on my way back! Long shadow selfie with corn.
Out-and-back for 30 miles, but then extra on the highway around Alex...
... I have to keep some of these roads in mind for the future!
I don't think I've EVER had 3 rides all over 40 miles in a week before!! And Thursday and Saturday from the week before both had 33+ mile rides, so I logged 199.25 miles in 10 days!!

0 comments:
Post a Comment