July in Review

>> Monday, August 17, 2026

Here's what July looked like in my training log:



• SWIM: 7,800 yards
• BIKE: 258.6 miles
• RUN: 95.02 miles
• STRENGTH/CORE TIME: 57 hours and 25 minutes

As I stated in my "June in Review" post, I knew July could hold shorter bike mileage because of being gone for the first week (Henry's fencing tournament in Portland, also posting about a long run in Portland). But I still cranked out over 250 miles, so that's not horrible.

Running was just fine at 95 miles. It would have been over 100 (my loose threshold for it being a "good" month) if it weren't for backing off mid-month for the Raspberry Run 1 Mile (the 1-mile race on the 19th replaced an 11 mile long run on the 20th, so do the math...).

And my stregth time was nice! 57+ hours is easily a top-10 month for me based on time.

None of the individual weeks in July were that great, except for that last full week of the 20th. It was a post-race week, and I got in some nice bike time as I noted in this post. It ended up having 23.5 hours of training time, which is a BIG week!

Ramping up now for the TC 10 Mile. Back with a post about 2 good "coached" training runs shortly!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2026 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.