Alternative Swimming Pool (and Alternative Swimming Distance)
>> Saturday, August 15, 2026
My gym's pool currently looks like this:
Post-swim at the Eagan YMCA.
Doing 200s is my MOST common swim workout in about the past 8 years of training. For my 200s, 3:0x is fast, 3:14 is around average (these days... used to be faster), and anything near 3:20 is slow. So I did a triple-take at my watch when my first 200 clocked in at 3:34! I honestly thought I was just having a rough day during my first rest period. But when I started my 2nd 200, I counted strokes / length of the pool. Normally, I'm at 27-29, but suddenly I was at 33-35 strokes....
Ahhh.... it was my first 25 METER pool when I'm used to 25 YARD pools.
The rest of the workout went well, even though I had no idea what sort of times I was swimming.

0 comments:
Post a Comment