Big Training Week!

>> Thursday, August 20, 2026

Nothing seemed special about last week. The only different "X factor" was that my youngest was gone at camp up north, and apparently that freed up extra time. I didn't FEEL like I was having a big week, but it turns out that many workouts were just a bit longer, leading me to my biggest week of training since I started using this training log last year:



None of my indivdual numbers are amazing, except for having 16+ hours of strength time. That propelled me to over 24 hours of training last week (swim, bike, run, and strength).

Also, I guess 24+ miles of running is a bit on the high side. Monday's run was normal, but the other 2 were both just SLIGHTLY on the high side. I added in some running drills on Friday as well. And two of those runs (plus the drills) were good workouts from Coach Jen!!

Also, my last few weeks of "intensity minutes" have looked decent since the lower week of the Raspberry Run 1 Mile nearly 5 weeks ago:


That smaller 2nd week was missing some strength time because of family time.
1773 intensity minutes last week.

Hoping I survive a bigger running week this week!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2026 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.