Tempo Bike Loop

>> Monday, August 21, 2023

I had time for a quick ride on Saturday morning, so I did my "go to" tempo loop:


Counter-clockwise loop.

I didn't feel fast in the opening miles, but post-ride I learned that I was into the wind heading south for those first 4 miles. I was over 22 mph when I hit the edge of downtown before mile 10, and that's always a good sign (I was at 22.2 mph overall at that point I think). I climbed through downtown, had a pretty fast climb up Ramsey Hill (in 1:16 or at 10.6 mph), and I was at 20.9 mph overall after that nasty hill.

I was able to get that up to 21.3 mph overall by the end, which I think is tied for my 3rd fastest tempo loop! Here's a post from 2 years ago sharing many of my faster splits, and my top 3 times on that loop were all in my good biking year of 2017. And I've improved since doing this loop 3 months ago when I posted a 20.9 mph average.




Elevation and HR. The HR dips at 7, 10, and 13 miles were stoplights.
The spike at mile 10.5 correlates with the elevation of Ramsey Hill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.