A Solid “Normal” Week After Italy Trip

>> Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Last week was a nice training week, which was my first good week since the end of July. Here’s what the last few weeks looked like (July 24 through Aug 20):



Here’s the same weeks with my trip “labeled:”



So while we were on our trip, I got in my normal runs and a few leg or core workouts.

Back home last week, I put up some decent numbers:

• MON: long run, good legs, and bike ride with Henry. I posted about my good long run last week, and it was nice to get back to normal right away.

• TUES: pyramid swim, bike to-and-from the pool, and good upper body. This was a pretty good swim with no 100 yard splits over 1:34 even in the longer sets.

• WED: easy run, and good legs and core.

• THURS: moderate ride, and good upper body. I had a 21.2 mph average through 25 miles, and then I eased up a bit. It wasn't a "tempo" ride, but I kept up the effort a bit.

• FRI: pyramid track workout, and good legs and core. I posted about the track workout over the weekend, and it was a good one!

• SAT: tempo ride and long upper body workout. The tempo loop was the fastest in a while as I noted in yesterday's post. I didn't have a lot of time to ride, but I made the most of it.

• SUN: good core.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.