First 6 Months of 2023 Training

>> Monday, August 14, 2023

Here's a quick look at my training for the first 6 months of 2023:


Training TIME. May was a strength time PR, and then
I was gone a lot in June and had a broken bike.


Training DISTANCE. I biked my boys to school a lot in May which caused that spike!


DISTANCE with trainer time added in at 19 mph. This shows
how June was actually smaller without my bike to put on the trainer.

SIX MONTH TOTALS (Jan-June 2023)

SWIM: 57,966 yards
BIKE: 476.49 miles
TRAINER TIME: 47 hrs and 19 mins
TRAINER "DISTANCE:" 899.02 miles

(Total "IN THE SADDLE" miles ridden: 1375.51 miles)
RUN: 586.17 miles
STRENGTH: 247 hrs and 53 mins


Comparing the first half of this year to the first half of last year, you can see I had a LOT more trainer time last year! But that's because I had no swimming time - I swapped out a "bike day" for a "swim day" this year and I love it.

Last year I had 3 races in the first half of the year: a fat bike race, a 10K, and a 5K. This year, I've been running a lot more (and running WELL!). I did 5 running races in the first half of 2023: the USATF MN Indoor Championship 5000, the Hot Dash 5K, the Get in Gear 10K, the Brian Kraft 5K, and my first 800 since high school:


My first 5 races of 2023.


My boys and I ready to race the Brian Kraft 5K (their second 5K of the spring!)!

I have no "numbers goals" for the rest of the year. My bike miles suck right now, but I got in a bigger push in July. I'm on track for a PR running mileage year, but I'm not going to push it. Maybe if I notice I'm still logging good miles around Thanksgiving I might try to up my miles a little more for the end of the year, but I'm just so happy to be in the middle of 2 years of relatively injury-free running! The goal is just to keep that up!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.