Sweating on the Trainer

>> Thursday, January 26, 2023

I posted about a decent training week recently, and I mentioned 2 nice trainer rides. The first was 4x10 min efforts with 5 mins of easy spinning in between. That's a nice way for me to get in a decent ride once I throw in a longer warm up and cool down:


4x10 min intervals of hard, standing, descending to a harder
gear every min, and alternating 2 mins seated and standing.

One weak spot of all my trainer rides over the last few years is INTENSITY (as a vast majority of my intervals are 5-10 minutes). So I really make an effort to work in some slightly shorter efforts these days. My second ride during that nice overall week was some 3 min efforts with 2 mins easy between. I cranked out 11 this day:


First time doing 11x3 min intervals! I usually do 6-10.


Sweaty after those harder intervals.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.