Playing with my Garmin in the Pool

>> Thursday, January 12, 2023

I posted 2 weeks ago about trying my Garmin in the pool for the first time. Well, I tried it again, and I'm coming to terms with it. (But someone suggested in my post last month that I can find more info that might help for swimming, but I haven't explored Garmin IQ for that info yet.)

The biggest thing that helped was I found the "drills" setting on my Garmin so that it still recognizes that I'm swimming (even when I'm not stroking normally). I have to put in the distance manually after each split, and I can't see what my "rest" time is in the moment, but at least I can still track my swim distance properly.


Selfie walking through the tunnels post-swim at the U.


Warm-up, 6x200 with an extra 100 at the end, 4x75 drills, and cool-down.


Last time, I didn't believe a HR spike at the end, but this seems right on.
It looks like my HR stayed lower for my first 2 intervals, and then it got up there.


HR info.

I'm going to keep giving this Garmin a shot in the pool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.