Nothing But Water for 22+ Hours (with a Long Run in There)

>> Tuesday, January 10, 2023

On Sunday, my boys and I met some of my in-laws for pizza at the Pizza Ranch in Stewartville, MN. It was one of the better Pizza Ranch's I've ever been to: really good cheesy bread and always a big selection of pizza (and dessert pizza) out for the picking. My newest niece tried a little chocolate birthday cake (yes, they BROUGHT outside birthday cake to a buffet... because we needed MORE food) as we celebrated 2 January birthdays:



Well my brother-in-law Matt and I both had a LOT of pizza. I like buffets. We were there until about 1:30 p.m., and I probably stopped eating around 1:00. I was super full, but doing OK. Matt was not well on his ride home apparently.

And then I didn't eat supper that night.

And then I got up to run 11 miles the next morning.

And then I got to work after running as I had to finish prepping for the start of the new semester.

Finally, at lunch time, I realized it was time to eat.

I hadn't had a bite of food or a sip of anything but water for 22.5 hours, and I also did an 11 mile long run in there as well. AND I WAS FEELING OK!!

So I texted this to Matt's wife:



And yes, the long run went just fine as well. I was pretty surprised. I was ready for it to SUCK (either from eating crap the day before and/or not eating supper the night before), but I never would have thought anything was different from a normal run. It was very much like my other recent long runs: 11.1 miles averaging 6:51/mile overall with the middle 6 miles "at pace" descending averaging 6:16.6/mile.

I noted after a decent finish at a triathlon in 2019 that was fueled my Pizza Ranch that maybe I need to look into a sponsorship. Pizza Ranch, shoot me an email! :) (Or maybe you don't want to be associated with people who describe a "creamy shit" after over-indulging. I dunno...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.