Charlie's First Track Meet!

>> Saturday, May 21, 2022

About 10 days ago, Charlie had his first track meet through the city of St. Paul's rec league. He'd had a number of practices leading up to it, and then he ran his first 800 at that event. Here he is 100 meters into it and feeling good:




Nice stride!

On his 2nd lap, he looked a little more "worked." This is always where I died when I ran the 800 in high school:


Still with a fist-pump though!

He wanted me to take his time, but he never asked about it later, so I didn't share it with him. He ran a 3:44 (with 400 splits of 1:42 and 2:01).

An hour later, he did the 100 meters:


Friends have commented that it's possible to see my stride in there! :)



He was bummed he didn't win his heat of the 100 (he was 4th and still got a ribbon), so he tried again. But he was 4th again. My wife and I were suprised how sad he was about his results - we weren't ready for him to feel that way. In hindsight, we realized he expected to win his heats, but we don't know where that thought came from. We'll work on this...

He was going to do the 4x100 (and I was EXCITED to see kids run that!), but then we got stormed out - it was the reason for the wet track when I did my 1600 repeats the following morning.

He still likes track PRACTICE, but decided he didn't want to go to the 2nd track MEET this morning. We'll see if he decides to try any more meets! (I hope he does!)

2 comments:

jan 6:22 AM, May 22, 2022  

OMG! In Chuck Taylor’s!?!? You are awesome Charlie

Brent Ruther 4:11 PM, May 24, 2022  

The Chucks!!! That is awesome!

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Have a great day!

Twitter

Follow steveinaspeedo on Twitter

Facebook Fan Page

All content and original images copyright 2006 - 2024 by Steve Stenzel, AKA "Steve in a Speedo." All Rights Reserved.
Want to use something seen here? Just ask - I don't bite.